Cannabidiol (CBD) is emerging as a powerful natural remedy with anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to help several previously irreparable diseases. It can help fight cancer, irritable bowel, epilepsy, schizophrenia, Alzheimer's, depression and much more. In this article I have presented the most recent scientific studies demonstrating the enormous health benefits of CBD. CBD oil can be purchased from a few months, especially online, legally without any need for a prescription. The fact that the CBD has therefore become a resource available to everyone has pushed me to spread as much knowledge as possible about it.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of more than 80 natural cannabinoids found in Cannabis Sativa. The therapeutic use of marijuana is very old since it has been used in medicine for millennia, but unfortunately in the 1930s it was banned for discussing socio-political reasons. Only recently has the scientific community been forced by the growing interest of public opinion to investigate its properties and the results are incredible. Today the false myths seem destined to crumble at the hands of a growing number of scientific evidence and testimonies.
In fact, it has been discovered that our brain has an endocannabinoid system that consists of specific receptors contained in human body cells that interact with endocannabinoid substances or substances produced by our body that are similar to cannabinoids in Cannabis. This shows when our body is naturally predisposed to the cannabinoid intake and it is not surprising that marijuana / cannabis is one of the oldest plants used and cultivated by humans.
The endocannabinoid system activates naturally in pleasure conditions and stimulates the immune system. It is connected to the conscious life, the expansion of consciousness and the pineal gland. It relaxes us, promotes digestion and assimilation of nutrients, improves sleep, stimulates forgetting: the body needs to forget, the mind needs to let go to live peacefully and overcome traumas.
The endocannabinoid substances are naturally produced by our body, regulate our life from birth to death and are even contained in our mother's milk; regulate different functions of the nervous system, the cardiac system, the reproductive system and the immune system. In many people the endocannabinoid system does not work properly, maybe even for a genetic issue, and therefore cannabinoid intake from cannabis helps to restore the natural balance in our body by activating the receptors linked to the different functions thus establishing healing. In fact there are testimonies of how people who could not digest many foods have eliminated their sensitivity to food by not having so much an inflammatory response and have become able to absorb nutrients from food.
What is the CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of more than 80 compounds in cannabis that belong to a class of ingredients called cannabinoids. Until recently, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) got the most attention because it is the ingredient that produces the psychoactive effects. CBD, unlike THC, does not produce psychoactive effects and has been extensively studied by the scientific community, proving that it is able to treat a very wide range of diseases, many of which were previously intractable. It has almost no side effects and certainly much less than those of all the drugs on the market. The list of its benefits is constantly growing.
CBD is the main non-psychoactive component of Cannabis sativa. According to a 2013 study published by the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, the benefits of CBD are manifold:
It is also a potential cure for the treatment of neuroinflammation, epilepsy, oxidative lesions, vomiting and nausea, anxiety and schizophrenia.
It should be noted, before discussing in detail the benefits of CBD, that cannabis that some use for recreational purposes or smoking it, is grown in types that have high amounts of THC and very low CBD (given that CBD reduces the psychotic effects of THC). For this reason smoking marijuana does not mean having the benefits discussed in this article. I do not want to deny the effects of THC, but in this article we discuss the proven benefits of CBD alone (which is what we find on the market and can be used for therapeutic purposes).
16 Scientifically proven benefits of CBD
- Treats cancer. Several scientific reports show that among the advantages of cannabidiol there is also that of having proapoptotic and antiproliferative effects that inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells. A 2006 study published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics found that cannabidiol inhibited the growth of several breast cancer cell lines. In 2011, researchers discovered the cellular mechanism by which CBD induces cell death in breast cancer cells. They also found that effective CBD concentrations in tumor cells have little effect on non-tumor mammary cells. CBD behaves like a non-toxic compound and studies show that doses of 700 milligrams a day for 6 weeks did not show any toxicity in humans, suggesting that it could be used as a prolonged treatment. Not only that, research has shown that CBD is able to inhibit the expansion of lung and colon cancer. It has anti-tumor properties in gliomas has been used successfully in a study also to treat leukemia. Two studies have also shown that CBD is able to stop the cancer cells of cervical cancer or cancer that affects the cervix which is the second most common type of cancer among women, after breast cancer. There are three mechanisms by which CBD works against cancer:
1) CBD reduces the ability of cancer cells to produce energy, leading to their death. (study)
2) CBD treatment helps the killer cells activated by lymphokines (LAK) to kill cancer cells better. (study)
3) The CBD blocks the CPR55 signaling, decreasing the proliferation of tumor cells.
- Relieves pain. Among the advantages of CBD, its natural analgesic properties are definitely at the top of the list. Scientific evidence suggests that cannabinoids may prove useful in treating pain by inhibiting neuronal transmission in pain pathways. A 2012 study published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine found that cannabidiol significantly suppressed inflammatory and neuropathic pain in rodents without the use of analgesics. The researchers suggest that CBD and other non-psychoactive components of marijuana may represent a new class of therapeutic tools for the treatment of chronic pain. According to a 2007 meta-analysis conducted in Canada, the combination of CBD and THC in the form of oral spray was effective in the treatment of neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis, which can be debilitating for 50 to 70 percent of patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Reduces inflammation and autoimmunity. Because of its anti-inflammatory role, CBD is a very promising therapeutic agent for a variety of inflammatory disorders and therefore all autoimmune disorders.
- Significantly improve the symptoms of schizophrenia. Research shows that the benefits of CBD include antipsychotic effects but the mechanism by which this action is not yet known is unknown. It appears to have a pharmacological profile similar to that of atypical antipsychotic drugs, as seen using various behavioral and neurochemical techniques in animal studies. Furthermore, studies show that cannabidiol inhibits human experimental psychosis and has proven effective in clinical trials of patients with schizophrenia. It is important to remove sugar from your diet if you suffer from schizophrenia.
- It reduces anxiety. Studies using animal models of anxiety and involving healthy volunteers clearly suggest an anxiolytic effect of CBD. Cannabidiol has been shown to reduce anxiety in patients with a social anxiety disorder and researchers suggest it may also be effective for panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder, social anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder. A 2011 study aimed to compare the effects of a public speaking simulation on healthy patients and on patients treated with social anxiety disorder. A total of 24 patients who were not treated with social anxiety disorder were given CBD or placebo 1 and a half hours before the public speaking test. The researchers found that pre-treatment with CBD significantly reduced anxiety, cognitive dysfunction and discomfort in their performance and significantly reduced the alert state in anticipation of their speech. The placebo group presented greater anxiety, cognitive impairment and a sense of discomfort. Another study has shown that CBD is a potential therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder.
- It is excellent for treating epilepsy. CBD may be a promising therapy for epilepsy resistant to pharmacological treatment, as demonstrated by several studies. In a survey report study that included parents of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy, 84% of parents reported a reduction in their child's epileptic seizure frequency due to CBD. These children also experienced more attention, better mood and better sleep. Drowsiness and fatigue occurred as side effects. In another study, after 3 months of treatment with a 98% purified extract based on CBD oil, 39% of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy had a reduction of more than 50% of epileptic seizures. Yet another study analyzed 8 patients with secondary secondary epilepsy resistant to antiepileptic drugs and 7 of 8 had improved disease status after receiving 200-300 mg / d of cannabidiol for a period of 4.5 months. Here a very beautiful video testimony of how a girl is reborn from epilepsy thanks to the CBD.
- Protects from neurodegenerative diseases. CBD has been found to prevent the toxic effects of the neurotransmitter glutamate and radical oxygen species (ROS) in the brain, thus preventing brain cell death. It has been shown, and this is perhaps unknown, that CBD has an antioxidant activity greater than vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or vitamin E (α-tocopherol) !! CBD can also protect brain cells from beta-amyloid toxicity, making it a potential therapeutic agent in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease as demonstrated by this study and this other study. According to the results of a research, cannabidiol can also protect the brain from ischemia. Early human studies showed improvement in patients with Parkinson's disease treated with the dose of 100-600 mg / day of cannabidiol over a period of 6 weeks. CBD, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, can be a promising agent for treating and prolonging survival in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) as demonstrated by a study.
- Relieves nausea. Cannabis has been used for centuries as an antinausea and antivomite. Research in animal studies has revealed that among the more than 80 cannabinoid compounds found in marijuana, both THC and CBD help counteract nausea and vomiting. A 2012 rat study published in the British Journal of Pharmacology found that the benefits of CBD include anti-nausea effects and anti-emetic effects. The researchers found that cannabidiol acts in a di-sasic manner, which means that in low doses it suppresses toxin-induced vomiting, but in high doses it can increase nausea or have no effect.
- Reduces the incidence of diabetes. A 2006 study found that treatment with CBD significantly reduced the incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice, from an incidence of 86% in untreated mice to a 30% incidence in mice treated with CBD. The advantages of CBD also showed a significant reduction in plasma levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Histological examination of the pancreatic islets of mice treated with CBD revealed a significantly reduced insulitis. In 2013, the American Journal of Medicine published a study that highlighted the impact of marijuana use on resistance to glucose, insulin and insulin resistance among American adults. The study included 4,657 adult men and women from the National Health and Nutritional Examination Survey from 2005 to 2010. Among the participants, 579 were marijuana users at the time of the study and 1,975 were consumers in the past. The researchers found that marijuana's current use was associated with a lower 16% level of fasting insulin. They also discovered significant associations between the use of marijuana and a lower hip circumference, a factor linked to the onset of diabetes symptoms.
- Promotes cardiovascular health. A 2013 study published by the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology reports that CBD protects against vascular damage caused by a high level of glucose, inflammation or type 2 diabetes; moreover, CBD has shown to be able to reduce vascular hyperpermeability (which causes intestinal permeability syndrome).
- Treatment of multiple sclerosis. Multiple studies have shown that the combination of CBD and THC is effective and well tolerated in the treatment of muscle contraction, pain, sleep disorders and urinary incontinence in people with multiple sclerosis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Because of its anti-inflammatory effect, cannabinoids can provide relief from joint pain and swelling, and decrease joint destruction and disease progression. CBD intake has been shown to protect joints against serious injury, decrease progression, improve movement, sleep quality and reduce inflammation in just 5 weeks.
- Improve sleep. Research suggests that taking cannabidiol before going to bed improves sleep in people with insomnia.
- It improves appetite, reduces acne and psoriasis. There are several studies showing that cannabidiol carries out these beneficial actions.
- It reduces depression. According to the researchers, CBD is similar to that of antidepressants. One study found that the antidepressant effects of cannabidiol are fast, continuous over time and comparable to a common antidepressant drug.
- Reduces chronic intestinal inflammatory diseases (IBD). Studies have confirmed that CBD prevents colitis in animal models. The combination of CBD and THC can reduce inflammation and alleviate the symptoms of IBD such as abdominal pain, diarrhea and decreased appetite according to research. Studies have also shown that cannabidiol may be a good candidate for normalizing bowel motility in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. CBD can reduce the severity of bowel inflammation through activation of the peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptor range (PPAR-gamma) as shown by a study.
Contraindications of CBD
It is shown that CBD
is well tolerated and safe even at high doses. Side effects that have been observed and may occur: slight lowering of pressure, dry mouth, fatigue, light-headedness, reduced metabolism of other drugs, worsening of asthma.
How to use the CBD
We recommend 10-15 mg of CBD
twice a day. Depending on the need, the dose can be reduced or doubled.
Cream: CBD cream
is used to absorb cannabinoids
directly through the skin. Spread in a clockwise direction. It has an effect on the whole organism and mainly on the treated skin area. It can also be eaten.
Oil drops: CBD drops
can be used in all possible ways, either for indoor or outdoor use. It has a concentration of 500mg of CBD
. 1 drop contains 2.5 mg of CBD
Resin oil: CBD resin
has the same uses as drops or can be used in any way. It has a higher concentration, 1000mg of CBD
, 1 drop contains 5mg of CBD
Where to buy the CBD
Many CBD-based products are on the market. However, you should read the labels well and choose those extracted through carbon dioxide that allows the release of a wide range of cannabinoids, terpenes and other beneficial components of cannabis. It is also important that it is grown organically and that the extract is produced from the internal complex and not from isolated components so that it contains the full spectrum of cannabinoids that enhance the action of CBD.
CBD Logistics relies exclusively on Swiss partners and the natural quality of the product is the primary objective.
CBD Logistics direct link:
The ultimate guide to cannabidiol